Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Now that's a headline
Players need real discipline. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am by Kexer

» Hey guys wasup
Players need real discipline. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 am by Kexer

» Random Task
Players need real discipline. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm by Andrew.C

» video Links
Players need real discipline. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm by Andrew.C

» Caucus Caucus Caucus
Players need real discipline. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm by Andrew.C

» Just Checking.
Players need real discipline. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am by Andrew.C

» Pill that gets you a tangy tan.
Players need real discipline. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm by MRac MC

» Other RTSs that aren't SC.
Players need real discipline. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am by Andrew.C

» The Dark Ages ended?
Players need real discipline. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am by MRac MC

Poll

So, how many people still visit the forum?

Players need real discipline. Green_19100%Players need real discipline. Green_20 100% [ 6 ]
Players need real discipline. Green_190%Players need real discipline. Green_20 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Players need real discipline.

2 posters

Go down

Players need real discipline. Empty Players need real discipline.

Post by Andrew.C Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:44 am

I was watching some sports commentary show this morning (I’m not sure why, I think I was eating breakfast) and the topic of discussion turned to that A-League Goalie who received the ban for ‘man-handling’ the referee. Apparently his ‘ban’ will be put on hiatus, or be conveniently and temporally forgotten, for the period covering the Olympic games, then the ban will resume after the games are over.

The panel on this show really ripped into this decision and said that it was an insult to the A-league and to the Referee. I pretty much agreed: What a joke this is, if the sports community ever wants me to take them seriously (and obviously they do, come on) then they’re not going about it the right way.

Opinions?
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Players need real discipline. Empty Re: Players need real discipline.

Post by MRac MC Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 am

That is ridiculous.

It's not reaaallly relevant, but if it's the ban I'm thinking of it was a stupid ban anyway. He was waving his arm around and it brushed the referee's wrist and he got some sort of 9-month ban. He should have been banned for one or two matches at most.

Still, if they've decided to ban him for the 9 months, except when convenient, that's pretty poor.

I'm surprised that an Australian domestic ban affects the Olympics anyway though...usually it wouldn't overlap.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male
Number of posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:59 am

Marc wrote:It's not reaaallly relevant, but if it's the ban I'm thinking of it was a stupid ban anyway. He was waving his arm around and it brushed the referee's wrist and he got some sort of 9-month ban. He should have been banned for one or two matches at most.

If that is the case then yeah I agree. I didn't really hear what exactly it was for, in fact, when I think back to the footage it did look pretty weak, not too serious at all.

Marc wrote:I'm surprised that an Australian domestic ban affects the Olympics anyway though...usually it wouldn't overlap.

Is that right? Interesting. I think that's kinda gay; isn't he going overseas to represent Australia?...
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by MRac MC Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:58 am

It's to do with how FIFA divides jurisdiction, is all.

If you get a red card in the Champions League you're free to play in domestic competitions.

Get a red card in the Premier League and you're banned from English domestic competitions like the FA Cup and League Cup but free to play in Europe.

None of those suspensions would affect an international tournament like the Olympics or Euro or the World Cup. To get banned from international competition you usually have to commit the offence in an international match (friendly or otherwise).
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male
Number of posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down