Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Now that's a headline
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am by Kexer

» Hey guys wasup
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 am by Kexer

» Random Task
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm by Andrew.C

» video Links
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm by Andrew.C

» Caucus Caucus Caucus
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm by Andrew.C

» Just Checking.
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am by Andrew.C

» Pill that gets you a tangy tan.
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm by MRac MC

» Other RTSs that aren't SC.
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am by Andrew.C

» The Dark Ages ended?
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am by MRac MC

Poll

So, how many people still visit the forum?

I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Green_19100%I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Green_20 100% [ 6 ]
I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Green_190%I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Green_20 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you?

+2
MRac MC
Andrew.C
6 posters

Go down

I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Empty I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you?

Post by Andrew.C Tue May 06, 2008 4:17 am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/kidney-sale-open-to-abuse/2008/05/05/1209839506959.html?sssdmh=dm16.313508

The news has been a great source for topics recently. How bout this one: Commodification of organs. That always gets people going. Get in it!
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Empty Re: I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you?

Post by MRac MC Tue May 06, 2008 5:03 am

Doesn't get me going, actually. I have no real strong feelings one way or the other. Tell you what, you start arguing a position and I'll try to counter it.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male
Number of posts : 742

Back to top Go down

I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you? Empty Re: I could do with 50 grand, couldn't you?

Post by Andrew.C Tue May 06, 2008 3:32 pm

Doesn't get you going? Jeez, kids these days... is it because listening to the hip-hop gives you the brain damage?

Ok then, hmmm, how about this: Commodification of organs is a good thing, with the potential to help reduce levels of suffering already occurring.

I won't expand further on that, at the moment, just ride with it. There. That get you started?
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenjamin Wed May 07, 2008 4:58 am

I'm going for a novel approach- i think Andy's right. While i don't like the idea of people being forced to give up their organs (as has been alleged to occur in Chinese prison populations), but as this system is voluntary, i think Andy's spot on, healthy people will be able to boost the health of those who are ill or otherwise unhealthy- unfortunately nothing can be done about you height deficiency Marc... so sad.
Glenjamin
Glenjamin
He's A Regular Charlie Church

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenjamin Wed May 07, 2008 4:59 am

Yes, that was uncalled for- and i apologise, before a slanging match ensues.
Glenjamin
Glenjamin
He's A Regular Charlie Church

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Groove Champion Wed May 07, 2008 5:32 am

But the average Australian isn't healthy. We are a society of fat, alcoholic, smoking, druggies.

Those are the people who are going to be selling their kidneys but they are also the people who need two for their body to handle all the crap they put in it.

This is what a kidney does:

Remove waste and fluid your body does not need
Help to control blood pressure
Help with making red blood cells
Help to keep bones strong

This is what causes kidney disease:

Diabetes
High blood pressure
Being overweight.
Smoking

(Thank you to Kidney Health Australia for the info.)

Next time you're walking down the street or around a shopping centre have a look at the people around you. How many fall under 'what causes Kidney disease'?

I'd say a fuck-load.
Groove Champion
Groove Champion
I think it's a video game.

Male
Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Wed May 07, 2008 5:45 am

Glen and I are in agreement? Whoa, cool. Though it seems not as exciting as the whole back-and-forth thing, couldn't you at least pretend to be against me?

That is an interesting point about the unhealthy people selling their kidneys. I wonder if there will be some sort of process by which they determine who can donate, either because their kidney is too damaged to be worth anything (though a damaged kidney still may be better than the artificial ones we have at the moment), or the removal of one of their kidneys would put them in serious danger. I imagine there would be some system.

Maybe this will have the run-on effect of giving people some incentive to actually look after their body; so that it's worth something.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 am

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/bidding-wars-in-the-organ-trade/2008/05/07/1210131061931.html

From that same place; hey, it's pretty good.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu May 08, 2008 2:45 pm

The first paragraph already makes me sick.
Nick
Nick
Super-Corrupt Supreme Overload/Extreme-Executive Producer
Super-Corrupt Supreme Overload/Extreme-Executive Producer

Male
Number of posts : 683

https://nocrevushere.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Fri May 09, 2008 10:24 am

Nick wrote:The first paragraph already makes me sick.
You see, the problem is I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Why, Nick? Why!
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 am

Trizender wrote:But the average Australian isn't healthy. We are a society of fat, alcoholic, smoking, druggies.

Those are the people who are going to be selling their kidneys but they are also the people who need two for their body to handle all the crap they put in it.

This is what a kidney does:

Remove waste and fluid your body does not need
Help to control blood pressure
Help with making red blood cells
Help to keep bones strong

This is what causes kidney disease:

Diabetes
High blood pressure
Being overweight.
Smoking

(Thank you to Kidney Health Australia for the info.)

Next time you're walking down the street or around a shopping centre have a look at the people around you. How many fall under 'what causes Kidney disease'?

I'd say a fuck-load.

Trevor we need to get you out of Maitland. It is warping your view of our otherwise wonderful society
Tom
Tom
Queen of France

Male
Number of posts : 409
Humor : Sardonic
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum