Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Now that's a headline
Anything? Something? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am by Kexer

» Hey guys wasup
Anything? Something? EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 am by Kexer

» Random Task
Anything? Something? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm by Andrew.C

» video Links
Anything? Something? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm by Andrew.C

» Caucus Caucus Caucus
Anything? Something? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm by Andrew.C

» Just Checking.
Anything? Something? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am by Andrew.C

» Pill that gets you a tangy tan.
Anything? Something? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm by MRac MC

» Other RTSs that aren't SC.
Anything? Something? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am by Andrew.C

» The Dark Ages ended?
Anything? Something? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am by MRac MC

Poll

So, how many people still visit the forum?

Anything? Something? Green_19100%Anything? Something? Green_20 100% [ 6 ]
Anything? Something? Green_190%Anything? Something? Green_20 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Anything? Something?

+2
MRac MC
Andrew.C
6 posters

Go down

Anything? Something? Empty Anything? Something?

Post by Andrew.C Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 pm

I’ll be the first to admit that most (if not all) of my recent topics in this section have been, to describe them charitably, optimistic in their expected discussion provoking potential. And this topic will be no different.

But I have to try something; the forum’s grip upon most of its members appears to be waning, and it was a tenuous grip to begin with: Trevor appears unable to find time in his busy schedule comprising one part ‘sculpting his guns’ and the other part ogling magazines advertising knives capable of exploding large predatory beasts to make it to the forum; for Glen I think there isn’t enough religious talk, or maybe there’s too much — I don’t know — whatever it is, it isn’t exactly the right amount of religious talk; Nick’s stumbled across a new toy which has kept him sufficiently distracted for long enough that now he’s forgotten where this site is and how to get back to it; Tom doesn’t visit because, by his own admission, it’s too much of a mental commando course to run in trying to wrap one’s mind around the inconceivable idea that the forum organises its posts by displaying the most recent posts after the ones that preceded it in time, instead of the other way around (...what?); Boden already knows too much about the inner workings of forum coding/web stuff to not be embarrassed by being vaguely associated with this forum, so he only deigns to pass by once or twice to completely flout the admittedly disorganised format that we’ve attempted to set out and create in random places his own isolated, self-contained, Boden-centred sub-topics polluted with a shameful amount of animated emoticons; Rohan, who I naturally assumed has taught himself to be omniscient, has no need to visit since he already knows all that has been said and... will... be said (wierd); Simmo!, true to everything that is Simmo!, unleashed the Ultimate in whirl-wind tours as he shot through the forum the other week: One post, One word, One Man, and who knows if he’ll ever return; Mr.Alex, the Ghettoest Mofo of all who have ever tried, is understandably beyond and above the forum and all the plebs that dwell within the forum, plus I think he was busy on his way to winning the Nobel Prize in the field of Sammich Innovation (I’m pretty sure it had raisin bread in it!); and I think Marc, who’s only outlet for the frustration that builds inside from the soon to be described situation is to make up pithy rank titles for members and then try beat his own record by creating a better one, is growing weary under the weight of knowing that he’s the only one left to respond to my tragically point-less posts and try to keep me from discovering the sad truth: that nobody actually wants to talk to me.

So here it is, you fuckers!

There seems to be talk, again, about raising the legal age limit for drinking alcohol, to 21.

Last edited by Andrew.C on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : the 'rank' joke. Bam.)
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Anything? Something? Empty Re: Anything? Something?

Post by MRac MC Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 pm

I dun care, I'm 23! Bam!

Seriously though, why?
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male
Number of posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

'Cause raising the age limit will mean kids won't drink until they're 21, and study instead. Duh.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by MRac MC Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:44 am

Maybe they figure, hey, 15-year-old kids are drinking now, so if we raise the age limit to 21, kids won't drink til they're 18. It's the same reason we have 50 km speed zones - to slow people down to 60.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Groove Champion Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 am

You is so right marc

See Andy, I contribute.
Groove Champion
Groove Champion
I think it's a video game.

Male
Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kexer Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 am

It wont make a difference. I was in the US of A just now and little Zachy's mates are just turning 18 and they've been drinking for a couple of years.
Kexer
Kexer
Regional Manager

Male
Number of posts : 210
Humor : No thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kexer Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:52 am

Where's my title Marc?
Kexer
Kexer
Regional Manager

Male
Number of posts : 210
Humor : No thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenjamin Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:22 am

I think if they raise the drinking age to 18, they should by right raise the voting, and criminal law ages too- look at it this way:

i'm 18, i have to vote, i will be tried as an adult in a court of law (from the age of 16) but i am unable to purchase or consume an alchoholic beverage. Why? because i am seen to be too young or immature to handle that level of responsibility.

and yet- i AM mature enough to understand the consequences of say butchering Crevu with a butter knife, so mature in fact that they'll lock me up in the same institution as hardened 30yr old criminals.

I'm also seen as mature and responsible enough to decide who is best to lead this fine nation we live in and to declare this decision in a legally binding document.

in addition i am mature enough to be trained by the national armed forces to handle a weapon- and not just any weapon, anything from a bayonet through to a guided missile. i am in fact mature enough for our nation to send me into hostile situations in order to kill other human beings

but apparently not mature enough to handle drinking a beer to take my mind off my stressful responsibilities...

But like Marc said- i'm 26, let them limit drinking 'til you're over 25 for all i care.

One other consideration- with less legal drinkers, will the price of beer go up?
Glenjamin
Glenjamin
He's A Regular Charlie Church

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 am

Good points. But what of the argument that it is conceivable that there need not be one level of 'restrictions' for all situations i.e. we restrict the age of alcohol consumption because we recognise that it is different to, say voting, in that poor decisions in voting are not nearly as harmful as poor decisions when it comes to alcohol? And likewise with the law thing. Perhaps, it could be argued, that all these things are sufficiently different to warrant different age restrictions? Though personally I usually did use the whole 'adult' argument as well... though I don't know how effective it is.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmo! Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 am

Oh, why the fuck not. We're not big on people taking responsibility for their own actions in this state. This is just another example.

Have you ever noticed how parents give their children responsibilities, so they'll grow up to be responsible? My argument is, if you take away too many of peoples choices, they'll gradually depend on other people more and more to make their choices for them. For fucks sake, we're big boys now. You can handle booze at 18.
Simmo!
Simmo!
CBD Headbuster

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MRac MC Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:35 am

About the price; I doubt it will increase if legal drinkers are fewer. Beer is already cheaper in the States than it is here, and they have a 21 drinking age (but less vigorous carding). And our prices are pretty much the same as Europe, where the drinking age goes up and down, depending on country, between 16 and 21.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum