Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Now that's a headline
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am by Kexer

» Hey guys wasup
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 am by Kexer

» Random Task
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm by Andrew.C

» video Links
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm by Andrew.C

» Caucus Caucus Caucus
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm by Andrew.C

» Just Checking.
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am by Andrew.C

» Pill that gets you a tangy tan.
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm by MRac MC

» Other RTSs that aren't SC.
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am by Andrew.C

» The Dark Ages ended?
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am by MRac MC

Poll

So, how many people still visit the forum?

Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Green_19100%Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Green_20 100% [ 6 ]
Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Green_190%Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Green_20 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1

2 posters

Go down

Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Empty Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1

Post by Andrew.C Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:18 am

Here’s the first attempted debate. I suggest we try get a more formal debate going? (Why not?) So, I'll try lay out some rough guides for all of us who want to be involved:

1. Let's try to think reasonably long and hard about the issues and questions, which means avoiding posting when i) you get a short break from work, ii) you have 5 mins before going to bed and you're hella sleepy, iii) you've got a couple of minutes before going to work and you've just read someone's response and you want to quickly reply.

These only apply, of course, if you have absolutely no other time. And if that is the case, then at least spend some time thinking over the responses so you can organise your response.

2. Let's try focus on the topics raised in the original question. Let's not get side-tracked by some small, inconsequential side point raised by someone. And we should all point out to each other when someone's gone off track.

3. Maybe we should try develop some sort of format? e.g. If possible, try to put your arguments in point form, or clearly defined paragraphs or something.

Okay, add to these if you think necessary. And post if you want to—I don't mind if nothing happens. But the main point is take your time. Don't feel compelled (like I sometimes do) to post as soon as possible, especially if you don't have time. I don't mind waiting a week or more in between posts.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Empty Re: Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1

Post by Andrew.C Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:21 am

First Topic:

When is abortion morally defensible?

If you want it changed, tell me.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1 Empty Re: Space Pope Sez presents: Debate No.1

Post by Glenjamin Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 am

My only worry is the "when"- it kinda assumes before the argument that the base thought is that it must be- we're just unsure of when.
Glenjamin
Glenjamin
He's A Regular Charlie Church

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:29 am

I've moved the discussion about the debate to the other thread, to leave this open just for the debate. Cool? So I'll delete these two posts in a day or so.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum