Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Now that's a headline
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am by Kexer

» Hey guys wasup
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:35 am by Kexer

» Random Task
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm by Andrew.C

» video Links
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 pm by Andrew.C

» Caucus Caucus Caucus
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm by Andrew.C

» Just Checking.
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am by Andrew.C

» Pill that gets you a tangy tan.
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:54 pm by MRac MC

» Other RTSs that aren't SC.
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 am by Andrew.C

» The Dark Ages ended?
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am by MRac MC

Poll

So, how many people still visit the forum?

Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Green_19100%Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Green_20 100% [ 6 ]
Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Green_190%Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Green_20 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

3 posters

Go down

Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Empty Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

Post by Andrew.C Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 am

If only they did stop The Simpsons...

So as we all know, new Futurama is out on Thursday and I've seen some the commercials, and they were noticeable in their lack of funny. Though this is probably (hopefully) due to channels 10's bad choice and bad cutting, but I just hope they know when to end Futurama at the right time. I thought it ended rather well before... though I can't entirely remember not having seen them all in order. Any thoughts on what the knew ones will be like?

I also added this because it's always funny to watch. At least it is when it's not a little saddening to think that they became the thing (and worse) that they were pocking fun at so fantastically. *sigh*

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JC5F4TT5
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Number of posts : 1622
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Empty Re: Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

Post by Groove Champion Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm

I've seen Benders Big Score, tis funny. Is channel 10 showing it as episodes or something? I don't have an aerial so I don't get channel 10.

The final episode "The Devils Hands Are Idle Playthings" wasn't intended as the final episode because they didn't know they were being axed. It was just a coincidence that it was suitable as the finale.
Groove Champion
Groove Champion
I think it's a video game.

Male
Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Have no fears, we've got stories for years. Empty Re: Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

Post by MRac MC Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 am

Arrested Development and Futurama and Deadwood get cancelled and the Simpsons refuses to die a graceful death and yet Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List is still goin' strong. Woot.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male
Number of posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:41 am

They could just be showing the movie in episode, I don't know.

If it wasn't intended as a finale then perhaps they should have taken the axing as a blessing in disguise, since we've learnt from the simpsons that that team doesn't necessarily know when to quit.

What the shit is Kathy Griffin?
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by MRac MC Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:55 am

A female comedian with a reality show about her life.

It seems like it's had eleventy billion seasons.
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Groove Champion Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:43 am

She eats donkey balls for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes, shes THAT bad.

There is an episode of family guy where she is Peters cousin and she comes to dinner. They try to drug her food to get her to shut up but accidentaly drug Chris.

It was one of those flashback things that Cartman hates.

She was also on Suddenly Susan. Like I said, donkey balls.

Once again, donkey balls.
Groove Champion
Groove Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

I was ready to come right in here and bag the crap out of the episode, but then I thought against it. I thought that, as usual, I was probably watching the episode with an opinion pre-formed in my head, expecting the worst from the episode. Maybe this was why I sat there throughout it, feeling almost ashamed at the continued failed attempts at humour – chuckling to myself on occasions it’s true – but not often. Maybe that’s the reason. But it could also be that it sucked. To contrast, there was a classic Futurama episode on right after it, one that I had seen many times over, and I could still not hold back my laughter even though I knew all that was coming well in advance.

There is more that I want to rag on that episode about, but I’m too disappointed at the moment. And it’s kind of pointless I guess.

Any other thoughts?
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 am

Update:

I think Boden cleared something up: It appears that the new episodes are the movie cut up into separate pieces. And it sucked... is what I thought, though I've only seen the first 3rd so far. Boden seemed to think the same, though I'll leave that to him to confirm or deny, and apparently he's seen the second movie and he says that's much better.
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by MRac MC Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:35 am

New futurama movie rocks, apparently
MRac MC
MRac MC
Taft! You Old Dog.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew.C Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:55 am

I hope so, for... my sake, I guess. The comments on that review site didn't seem so reassuring though, with half saying they thought the new one was uncharacteristically gross (to use someone's expression) and the other half saying they actually liked the first movie. Ah well, I guess I'll have to see it now. Did Nick say he downloaded it? ...Oi, Nick!
Andrew.C
Andrew.C
Larry David In Training
Larry David In Training

Back to top Go down

Post by Groove Champion Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Yes he did.

Tom didn't like it but I did. It had some pretty good jokes but overall it was just weird. Really weird.

I get excited and happy all over just watching new Futurama regardless.
Groove Champion
Groove Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down